These brownies are extremely healthy AND sooooo tasty!! I combined a few recipes and came up with this! Super rich and cake-like and not dry AT ALL. Gluten free, grain free and very low in sugar! They taste even better with some peanut butter on top 🙂
- 2 scoops (60 grams) (whey/casein blend) protein powder; vanilla or chocolate
- 1/3 cup Special Dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered Chocolate PB2 (or can sub regular PB2)
- 1/3 cup Baking Stevia
- 1/2 tsp baking soda & baking powder
- 3 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond/cashew milk
- 1 tsp vanilla or butter extract (optional)
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix well. It should be a fairly thick batter!
Pour into small Pyrex (I used a 8×6 square dish) using a Spatula as it will be thick. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes. A toothpick should come out fairly clean from the center.
Makes 12 slices
Nutrition Info for 1 slice:
45 calories: 6.5grams protein/3.5g carbs/1g fat (1g fiber and 0.5g sugar!)